Now the whirlwind of Thanksgiving is over, we start the Christmas season; what’s best than posting easy recipes for icing, one of the essentials of this season’s baking
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (alternatively use glycerine)
- 2 tsp water
- 1 pound (450 gr) Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar.
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of the Kitchen Aid (or an electric mixer) and beat slowly until they are all blended, beat now at medium speed until the icing forms stiff peaks (about 5 minutes). Add more sugar if the icing is not stiff enough, or a few drops of water if it is too stiff.
- 225g/8oz Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar.
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice.
Sift the icing sugar into a bowl, gradually beat in enough lemon juice to give a smooth icing, think enough to coat the back of a spoon. Use immediately.
- 74g/30z butter, softened.
- 175g/6oz Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar.
- 1 Tbsp milk.
Put butter into a bowl, beat until creamy.
Sift and gradually beat in the icing sugar, add the milk and beat again.